Help save a 16 year-old trans girl of color from being put in a mens adult prison with NO crimes charged on her by emailing Commissioner Katz.
She has never been convicted of a crime but they want to move her to near isolation in an adult mens prison. This CANNOT happen. Here is a more in depth article: http://feministing.com/2014/04/14/how-the-connecticut-department-of-children-families-is-failing-a-trans-girl-of-color/
I put together an email for Commissioner Katz, so all you have to do is copy and paste it. Click here for the example email
Please reblog to raise awareness!
signal boost, please!
School teaches you that ignorance is shameful, rather than being a person’s default AND ENTIRELY FIXABLE state. Sucks the fun outta learning, if you let it.
Will always reblog.
XKCD is my favorite comic of all time, for this reason. Tumblr could learn a huge lesson, especially from this comic.
if someone doesn’t know something, or says something wrong, do not shame them, teach them.
Why should I pick you?:
Why do you even want to date me?:
DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!
I’M PROUDLY TAKEN
But it’s still fun to reblog these!
I went to church with my family tonight and the pastor said something that I think every Christian should hear
- Pastor: Now, according to a few passages in the bible, homosexuality is a sin.
- Couple of older males in the audience: Amen!
- Pastor: Now, wait, I'm not finished.
- Pastor: You know what else the bible defines as a sin? Divorce.
- -uncomfortable silence-
- Pastor: There are countless passages that talk about how divorce is wrong, and that there are consequences to getting a divorce, such as the wife should be stoned.
- Pastor: Yet, I witnessed a divorce just this morning. And I gotta tell you, it was heartbreaking, but I definitely didn't attempt to throw rocks at the wife, even though she was the one who filed for divorce.
- Pastor: We choose to overlook the consequences of divorce because time has proven that they're inhumane and cruel.
- Pastor: The bible doesn't say anything about the consequences of a homosexual lifestyle. Yet, we seem to be spearheading a campaign to ruin the lives of people we don't even know.
- -the pastor shifts a few notes around-
- Pastor: The bible states to love thy neighbor. That's it. There are no other rules or restrictions to that passage.
- Pastor: So, we as a church family have to support equality with a smile on our face. THAT is the true Christian way.
This should be reblogged by everyone. Even if you’re straight, you should be a supporter.
I could have used this information over the last 29 years of my god damn life
My mom taught me to pack like this and she gets mad when I come to visit and sees that I don’t use it.
I need to remember this for uniforms.
Oh my god, I am learning this ASAP. HOW DID I NOT KNOW OF THIS BEFORE?!
no one will ever understand the deep fucking connection I have with this film
For real though
John Hughes was the king of cinema for generations of teenagers.
Such an important film. There hasn’t been a coming-of-age film like it since. Truly. It’s a lost genre. Also an incredible soundtrack full of great music from its era.
45, 46, 43, 39, 40, 37, 35, 34, 30, 28, 29, 21, 23, 24, 17, 18, 14, 8, 10, 1, 2, 4, 5, 11 Wow sorry that was way too many
Nah it’s fine
45- Your thoughts of long distance relationships?
They’re hard, but if the partners are willing to work hard, then they’re possible. And very rewarding.
46- How many kids do you want to have?
2 two min. 3 max.
43- What’s your current problem?
My current problem is my work ethic is horrible. That’s why nothing is going right for me.
39- Three names you go by…
I go by Ivan to most, Virgil to some, and Funky Chicken to a few friends.
40- Are you currently in a relationship?
I am not. I have been single my whole life, believe it or not. Though it isn’t really surprising…
37- Can you live a day without TV?
I use to think I couldn’t, until I did. It’s actually easier than many think.
35- If you could move somewhere else, would you?
I would probably move to Canada or England. Those places seem nice.
34- How late did you stay up last night and why?
I stayed up until about 2 in the morning. I was up late talking to friends
30- Do you fall for people easily?
Not easily, but it’s not hard for me to fall for people. You just have to seem even a little desirable.
28- Are you a forgiving person?
Yes. I forgive but I never forget.
29- How many TRUE friends do you have?
Depends on your definition of true.
21- Who was the first person you talked to today?
23- What are you NOT looking forward to?
My two End of Course exams and my AP Exam coming up in a few weeks.
24- What ARE you looking forward to?
The summer. I have so many plans.
17- Will you get married?
That’s the plan.
18- When was the last time you smiled?
Right now, answering this question. Before then? When I received a text from a good friend.
14- What makes you laugh no matter what?
Nerdy jokes. I love those.
8- Do you cry easily?
No. Sometimes I think I’ve forgotten how to cry…
10- Are you a heavy sleeper?
1- Do you want a boyfriend or girlfriend?
Yes. Yes I do.
2- When did your last hug take place?
Today during the last period.
4- Are you tired right now?
Not really. I guess a little.
5- Do you chew on your straws?
Only when I’m bored.
11- Do you think you can last in a relationship for 6 months?
I think so. I would like to think I can. Granted something doesn’t happen.
Hope that’s everything you wanted to know :3
If you wanna know more, just message me!